Friday, April 13, 2007

Lucky Thirteen

Paraskavedekatriaphobia has no hold on me. That is, fear of Friday the 13th. If I was burdened by that superstition, would I have let my daughter go in for major oral surgery today? I guess I'm a somewhat superstitious in reverse. I consider it a good omen when a black cat crosses my path. The fact that today was not only a Friday (Venus' day) and the 13th (sacred to some, 12 around 1), the moon is waning to dark. Witches know that's the best phase for banishing. Gardeners know that's a good time for dealing with roots below ground, the time to pull weeds, thin seedlings and prune. Well then, the perfect time to have metal screws removed from your palette. A bright day, skimming through commuter traffic, competent medical staff, a blessed nap on the drive home, custard, ice cream, movies, stories read aloud, pain meds and deep sleep. Puffy cheeks but wonderfully free of metal implants. A lucky day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((India)))

I've been slacking on reading much online. I hope she's doing well.