Thursday, July 05, 2007

Illumination

Between the Lines, Over the Edge.

I finally finished this baby. It's been in process for months. Not that it's taken me that long to paint it, I was just contemplating more than painting. I gleaned the eye lamp shape from Picasso's Guernica. That was my starting point. It grew from there. No planning on this one. No preliminary drawing. Just flow. I wanted to speak about evolving beyond left brain perception. Moving past the alphabet and the rational mind to embrace intuitive knowing and other ways of seeing. Stepping beyond the known into Mystery where ancients, mystics, poets and shamans have walked before. A new path into the supple realms where anything is possible.

"The eye is lamp of the body."-Jesus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh. wow. This is great stuff. I love that foot in the footprint. There's so much here! I want to see this.