Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Open Studio


I've been putting in my hours getting ready to open the studio this Saturday. I'm finally sliding open the door. It happens that I am coinciding with the Sonoma County ARTrails Open Studio Tour which seems like good timing. Maybe. Having done ARTrails for several years, I'm actually relieved to not be officially participating this time. Being multifaceted, particular and a natural nonconformist, I like having things unfold on my own terms. Showing what I want as much as I want when I want. So, no rules, no constraints. I can show my paintings alongside my unjuried photographs. I can set out some wool sculpture or light forms or jewelry or painted purses if I am so inclined. Sarongs made in Bali or some kid art? No problem. I can hold a poetry reading or an impromptu music jam.
Not all these aspirations will be fulfilled on Saturday but there is intention which will become progression. Fundamentally, opening it up is more of a symbolic step for me. Becoming accessible. Overcoming reclusive tendencies. Even if not a soul darkens the door, I will feel good about the standing invitation. Every Saturday until Solstice 10 - 4. A chance to step into a creative space, see some work in progress, talk shop, co- inspire, woolgather or just cozy up to the fire and relax in a different atmosphere. I'll be there. Hope to see you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Krista! It was truly awe-inspiring. And just regular inspiring too. Thank you Jerry and Rob and India for your hospitality and for keeping my kids so happily entertained. Eden's little drawings were so charming. It was wonderful to see your dad so healthy and smiling. Cheers!

devaluna said...

Thanks, Molly! It was so fantastic to see you there. It really meant a lot to me. After all we have always had that "draws good" connection. And your girls, diabolically cute! I was smitten!

K