Friday, January 18, 2008

Open Territory

I just bought my first BIG canvas. A few, in fact. One of my resolutions this year was to start to work larger. I was researching substrates online and tracked down some biggies for around $130 each (not including shipping). Rob, the ever thrifty, called around town just to compare and on a fluke Riley St. was having a big 50% off sale. So this beauty is a gallery-wrapped whopping 4 feet by 6 feet and I got it for a song. 57 bucks. It was too big to fit in the car and it takes up a big chunk of my studio space. That's a lot of white for me. I've only painted up to 30" x 40". I also got two in a 38" x 48" size. So, my work's cut out for me. Painting new territory. It's giving me some crazy dreams and not a little anxiety but the time is ripe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Deva:)
Your artwork is rich and beautiful. I love it! I'm interested to see what you're going to do with that huge canvas. I've painted a few bigs ones myself and they're always challenging to transport and a lot of canvas to cover with paint.

Anonymous said...

That's huge. It'll be fun to see what you decide to do with it.