Thursday, February 22, 2007

Snow Face

We spent the weekend up at Lake Tahoe playing in the snow-what snow we could find. It was eerily warm, the roads bone dry and the white stuff pretty sparse but we went high enough to find some. Saucering and sledding with a bunch of great folks was mucho fun. We rented a couple of condos and squeezed our families (26 humans) in so it was quite intense in a warm energetic sort of way. Like a really big family on their best behavior.

I was awed by the beauty of the area, especially the lake itself. I really tuned into it as an entity, so deep and old. We arrived early and hung out by the water for awhile, checking out the amazing rocks on the shore. Volcanic pocked lightweights, gold flecked granite and smooth jet blacks. I filled my pockets. I discovered that high altitude strangely keeps me awake all night, every night so I was really wrung out by the end. It's taken me these last few days just to recover from our lovely vacation.

No comments: