Friday, February 23, 2007

Tidbits

I’d never heard the term tidbit tray before last night when I bought one online. Rob was aghast “What the hell…?” It is admittedly a way cool tidbit tray, as far as tidbit tray’s go. Well, judging from my limited experience with the tidbit tray. I like the telltale name. Is it cousin to the tea cozy? Tidbit tray, I love how your tiered plates of russet glaze are shaped. Like leaves and hearts both. Perfect for holding succulent aphrodisiacal tidbits. I am not ashamed of admiring you. This fit of frivolity will fade but right now it feels just fine. I’m about to turn 43 and I can damn well buy a tidbit tray if I please.

Forty-three years gets you pretty much a mixed assortment. 25 tidbits from my life thus far:

1. naïve optimist
2. quiet radical
3. terminal dreamer
4. raunchy sense of humor
5. nonfiction reader
6. trance dancer
7. homebirth two kids
8. no college
9. goat milker
10. self deprecator
11. sucker for packaging
12. nearsighted and vain
13. artist for life
14. third generation Santa Rosan
15. Jupiter conjunct Venus in the Eighth house
16. brave and loving when drunk
17. closet guitar player/ songwriter
18. daughter of beautiful parents
19. tree hugger
20. weak ego
21. wife 20 years
22. inarticulate intuitive intellectual
23. shy recluse
24. lazy hedonist
25. believer in magic

Oh, and I guess I should add that I am an unashamed materialist, at least I tend to appreciate things...like the tidbit tray.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTA!

It is 11PM and Dad and I were discussing the evening and realizing what a wonderful family we have. Just read your blog and your list of where you have been and are now and am so touched at how you can express yourself. Just want you to know how much I love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Krista!

22. inarticulate?
Hardly!
I'm really enjoying your writings.

The Anthrium-ish shaped tidbit tray is gorgeous.

devaluna said...

Thanks, Mom and Molly (two major "M"s in my life), for reading my ramblings and leaving such nice messages. Maybe I'm not so incoherent as I feel. Blog on...