Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mother Hike

Nothing like celebrating Mother's Day by getting out in nature and enjoying the the biggest mama of them all. After a crazy delicious brunch in Duncans Mills, we spent the day Sunday hiking Pomo Canyon Trail with the Tumbleweeds (an inspiring bunch of moms, dads and kids who we're lucky enough to know and hang out with). Gorgeous weather, cools folks and unbelievably spectacular landscapes made for a primo day. It was somewhat strenuous and my kids whined a bit but were soon won over by wildflower meadows, shady grottos, troll bridges, fairy holes and other mysterious wonders.
I took a ton of pictures but culled them and posted the cream on my Flickr.I especially like this photo which kind of summed up the feeling for me. What a life! Zoie making flower rings, Dave beyond awash in green and the earth stretching out all around to the river and out to sea. We live in such a beautiful place.

No comments: