Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wild Women

E and I returned home on Monday evening, full and tired. The Herbal Symposium was as renewing and transforming as I remembered from five years ago. It's really a unique experience to feel so safe, nourished, supported and mirrored. There were guesses that the weekend was attended by 400 women and 100 children. I don't know about that. I can't really guesstimate. All I know is there were a heck of a bunch of us, as various as water crystals. A full spectrum array of beauty and power. What potent creatures we all are! And I love taking classes about herbs and natural healing out under the trees and sky. It's what I pined for as a kid, stuck seemingly forever in stuffy crackerbox classrooms. I came away with new info pertinent to my family about sugar metabolism, adaptogens and energy medicine. We ate love food three times a day until our bodies were humming. Eden did really well with the food. She became so independent in the short time we were there. Off to the creek, packing a picnic, getting herself showered. Our dishes lived on a mat near the fire ring so she could grab her plate at meals, get her own food, wash up and tuck it all away without a word from me. A revolution. I did great at market, making back my fee and more. I usually find it surprising but always gratifying to get so much appreciation for my work. I'm such a recluse, I forget how what I make touches people. It felt really good and was completely validating. Being there with the Tumbleweed women was perfect for me who tends to go satellite when groups gather. They grounded me and made me feel part of something. Thanx, you gals. By the end, lazing by the slow river in the waning day, we all pretty much agreed it was great and we will be back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds beautiful. I really enjoyed your Flickr photos. It's awesome you were able to make your fee selling your wares--not surprising to me. :-)