Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Emo Evo

The evolution of emotion turns it around. I’m still riding the waves of my own optimism, wielding the power of “yes” like a magic wand. I am reveling in this fresh air blowing through everything, this exhilaration at slipping free of the demon juggernaut’s grasp. I had to lighten up in the face of darkness to do it and that’s no easy trick. Turning away from the riveting gaze of the monster of hell and lifting my face to a still starry sky of brighter futures, took focus and triple-strength intention. Expanding, releasing, letting myself get really BIG inside with lots of room for possibilities. The key was growing big enough to love it all in its glorious and perfect imperfection. Big enough to embrace it and take it down in a graceful aikido move onto a bed of fluffy pillows where it lay dazed and deflated in the face of acceptance. That which we resist grows stronger. Accept and transform. Is LOVE really all we need? Cheesey, naive and oh so true. Those guys were wise. I could attribute this change to various sensible-sounding factors but it so easily could have gone differently and it didn't. It didn't. I changed my mind about the world and the world changed. I am convinced: Hippie Shit Will Save The World.
Picture: Painted by me. "Spirit"

No comments: