Saturday, November 25, 2006

Reflection

On a quiet morning my mind runs in tributaries through stratified territory, seeping slowly toward the bedrock. Contemplating reality’s true face in a house of mirrors. Holy men morphing into quantum physicists, dropping clues like candy wrappers through the centuries. I want to bite the nougat center myself. I can say I understand… I think. But the mind’s a slippery fish. Is it best to let it go? Navigating the fluid universe is the real trick when I am the fish, the current and the sea in one. Setting course, I imagine my future and she falls into my arms, so trusting. I choose my tine on the epic fork looming in the road ahead. This present is the gift (or booby prize) of yesterday. I lift myself out of my own context to revel in just this and I see the seer seeing. A first step onto a conscious shore.
(Photo by me: Morning light on the drawer pull.)

No comments: