Wednesday, November 08, 2006

New Day, New Way

How satisfying to wake up to buttery autumn sunshine, fresh breezy air and headlines singing out “Historic Democratic Sweep!”, “Power Shift” and the cherry on the sundae: “Rumsfeld Resigns!’. I literally feel a deep collective exhalation of relief. I see it making the fiery trees outside my window dance with glee. Heck, I’m dancing with glee. Humming and hatching plans. Now let all the hard long held bitterness begin to wick away in the bracing surges of change, change, change. Let the true beauty and real strength of America begin to reveal itself starting today. I dedicate this happiness to the devastated souls of our Soldiers, Iraqis and the forgotten ones of Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. May we make amends. May all be mended.

(Pic: Cousins, Daniel and Eden, walking ahead in Crane Creek Park where we got married).

No comments: