Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Guitar Art


I've been playing my guitar so much these days rather than painting that it just seems natural to paint my guitar case. I went to the studio around 11AM and had it finished by 3:30 PM. It just really flowed and I have to say I am pretty happy with it. Completely freehand, no prelim sketching, which I tend to do these days either because I'm lazy or I like the unexpected qualities that emerge or both. I like how the stalk rising out of the star became both a shooting starform and a treelike trunk shape. I have been liking birdfish lately so I put in a few and the gazelle/goat just wanted in. The woman holding a seed is just typical me. I laid in the color very soft, neutral and earthy and rubbed in a glazed patina over the entire body which gave it a very old feeling. More pix on Flickr.

No comments: